Friday 29 June 2012

#6 Excuse #4 - Food Weaknesses (03/27/12)

Excuse #4 - Food Weaknesses, today is Girl Guide Cookies. Rebuttal - I haven't figured this out yet.  I used to be able to eat a box in a few days.  At least now I won't.  Restricting food isn't good, I just can't have two or three or four or more in a day, or one or so on consecutive days.  I need to space them out over weeks so the box should last a LONG time. 
My co-worker even left an open box for me to have some while she was on vacation, I haven't touched them yet.  But now I have bought a box.  This is the downside to having a work environment that has a lot of people with kids.  I resisted purchasing from the display left in the lunch room, but when the little girl came around to my office I couldn't resist.  I've been there as a girl guide when I was little.  And so canvassing pulls at my heart strings.  Also, I know I will have kids that will need to do fund raisers and will hope that my co workers will help, so it is a little bit of a circle in the what comes around, goes around theory.  But now I have a box of Girl Guide Cookies.  Maybe I should put them in my freezer and have one every so often. 
Let’s see how long I can resist in opening my box of Girl Guide Cookies, and resist from having any from the box left by my co-worker. 
Well, I think the girl guide cookies are haunting me.  Today is Tea Tuesdays where work provides tea and cookies.  What was on the selection of the cart that comes around office to office?  Amongst other temptations (Maple cookies), was Girl Guide Cookies.  That was too much temptation, brought right to my door.  I took one from the cart with my tea.  But just one.  Alas, I think I will be eating it, but I think I will try and wait until closer to the end of my work day. Then I will be home, my stash of Girl Guide cookies put away in the freezer unopened for a long time from now (Hopefully), and I won't be tempted again today, at least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment