Thursday 5 July 2012

#14 HELLO.....your body is talking to you. Theory on over eating. (04/02/12)

I had a dramatic thought this afternoon.  I seem to be craving food.  All kinds of food, sort of.  Normally I would just continue to snack and what not, even when not hungry. 
The past couple days I haven't been eating as many whole foods, like my body has been adjusting to (and liking, I might add). So today I think my body is trying to say "Hey, I want some of the whole foods, clean foods." And now I'm starting to recognize that feeling.  But before I just would have eaten whatever, and continued to eat whatever until the cravings were gone, or I was WAY too full. 
From the way my body used to crave foods whether it be sweets, salty or just greasy foods, I am beginning to think my body was craving whole foods, but the message was getting lost in translation.  Due to habits I would eat what I would normally eat (Bad foods in excess), but my body was trying to say, "HEY, I want vitamins and minerals."
My thought for today is listen to your body. At first it will be like trying to learn a new language, but the more you listen, the more you will understand what your body is trying to tell you. 
Your body also tries to tell you, you are eating the wrong thing.  This weekend I ended up having some not so good foods.  What happened after I ate them?  I felt sick.  My body was again, talking to me.  Normally I wouldn't have even really given it much thought, but now I think every time I feel my body complaining/talking.  Yes it was the foods I had chose to eat.  My body then yelled at me "What the F&#% are you doing? I really don't like this." 
And now today, I'm craving sweet.  But I think that is my body saying, drink more water, I’m a lot dehydrated, and give me some fruit for the vitamins I’m short on now. 
I would also like to add, I think the more you ignore your body, the more your body tends to stop talking.  When you are constantly eating bad foods, your body is slowly collecting cholesterol, moving fat cells to the wing under your arms because the mid section is full, and just deals with what you are doing because it can scream at you no longer.  Craving come, but that is more of an automated message that is constantly repeating "I Need vitamins and minerals and water" but you hear as "I want sweets, grease and salt."
Start to listen to your body, learn the language.  The more signals you understand the more your body will communicate to you, and the more you will see results.  Soon you will be able to know exactly what your body is trying to say.  And you will be happier and healthier for the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment