Tuesday 10 July 2012

#19 It's not you it's me. (04/09/12)

When is that ever true? When my wife and I first started dating, she gained 20-30 pounds and I gained 15-20.  Now we are working on this together to lose that weight, and hopefully more.  The part I'm struggling with is she doesn't like me logging food because she feels the guilt of eating. So now I have to log things long after the fact of eating.
We eat almost the same thing/amounts with slight variations.  We are three weeks in, and had no measurable success.  A side note she is also quitting smoking.  We are fighting more than ever (our first real fight was after being together for two years, yes we are normally smooshy in love), and trying to get somewhere but seem to be stuck.  Our latest disagreement is about romance.  She is using the typical line "It's not you, it's me." She can't get past her body changes from when we first started dating, so she says.  She has tried to assure me that it isn't me, but I'm not feeling it.  What can I do to get the passion back? If we wait till the proverbial weight is gone, that would be a while and decline in our togetherness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment