Wednesday 11 July 2012

#28 Excuse #7 – I’ve been bad today once

Eek, it is tea Tuesday.  I don’t know if I will be able to resist the cookies.  I will be over on my calories today, if I don’t get a long workout in tonight.  But I did make my goal of a week.  Is it ok to cheat a little more?  However today I almost feel I am falling off the wagon.  I guess I will see where my calories end up totalling today. 
I guess that leads to Major Excuse #7 – I’ve been bad today once, I’ll just have a bad day and get back to it tomorrow, or I have reach a mini goal, I should be able to have a relaxed day.
Rebuttal – This is a slippery slope. Having indulgence days are a good thing to keep you from feeling deprived.  But one small slip needs to keep from being a big one.  I think I have gone over the edge a bit today, and I still have dinner to contend with.  Tonight is going to be Zucchini Pancakes, usually with ranch dressing, and some oatmeal pancakes.  Pancakes are ok, but cooking them in oil is bad. Non stick pans are a help there.  It is the things that accompany the pancakes that are bad; ranch dressing, syrup, sour cream, etc.  I think with tonight I will use fat free sour cream instead of ranch, and instead of syrup I will have yogurt.  And the cookies I took from the tea cart.  I think I will save them for another day.  As tonight my mother in law is bringing home made ginger bread, and I think that will be a much better use of my calorie allotment.  I will still need to work out tonight to burn off a bit of the overages I have experienced today at work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment