Tuesday 31 July 2012

#63 Gold Stars (05/31/12)

Do you remember when you were little and used to get gold stars on a tracking devise for doing chores or homework or something?  Wasn’t that a great motivation?  I wonder if that would work for losing weight.  Something as simple as a gold star for making sure daily activities get done. To get one gold star my motivators would be all of the following:

1.      Drink at least 4 glasses of water in a day
2.      Take a 15 minute walk, for exercising only.  Not shopping, etc.  For exercising.
3.      Climb at least 5 flights of stairs in daily activity
4.      Take my vitamins
5.      Walk at least 5,000 steps in a day
6.      Come in under the calorie goal

June is a new month.  That starts tomorrow.  I haven’t had much progress in May so obviously I need to change something up, or manage consistency.  Maybe for a double gold star, if I work out, not chores, work out for 45 minutes in a day (on top of the 15 minute walk) then I get the extra gold star on my calendar.  For working out, due to the fact we might be hitting reno/moving mode, which will occupy a lot of our spare time, which is very physical and tiring I will count that as working out, but will need to be the time equivalent, or if the evening is slightly less vigorous double time equivalent. 

7.      Double gold = Working out for 45 additional minutes

May June be the month I reach the elusive 200’s, and walk a total of 50 Fitbit miles.  At the end of the month, hopefully my calendar will be full of gold stars that I can reflect on and see that I made a good effort for the full month.  I think I will do a non reported weigh in tomorrow morning to get my true June starting weight. 

Then maybe in a month or two, I won’t need the stars as a visual reminder.  I will be able to see it in the mirror more, and on the scale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment