Wednesday 8 August 2012

#101 Eating uncontrollably (08/07/12)

This past weekend has been a challenge, diet-wise.  We made some good choices, and some bad, hopefully it balanced out in the end with all the walking around Barkerville. 

Today however, is another story.  We drove the 11 hours back yesterday, had some pizza for lunch/dinner and various munchies.  The side effect today of a busy weekend, and a tiring drive back is the fact I am tired today, very tired. 

To help combat fatigue, I am eating everything in sight.  Try and give my body some energy for work.  It really isn’t helping, but that hasn’t stopped me from eating more, from trail mix, to cookies, to fruit, to pretzels, to cereal, on top of the high calorie, oohhey gooey cheesy pizza left over from yesterday.  I am at 1750 calories (approximately based on pizza estimates), and I haven’t even eaten dinner yet, which is consisting of eggs, bacon, hash browns and grilled peppers.  All told, that meal is probably going to be 650 calories, and then of course desert, which will probably be a low fat fudgecicle.  Needless to say, I’m going WAY WAY over on calories, yet again.  I guess this is leading to the next excuse on the list. 

Excuse #9 – Eating for energy unnecessarily.  This is normally cured by a good night’s sleep.  This just goes to show, having a good night’s sleep, is part of a balanced diet. 

Eating over my calories is becoming too frequent.  I think I need a swift kick in the keester again to get my whole exercise/diet regime into order. 

The stress of the appointment tomorrow may also be a contributing factor, but at this point, for today anyways, it is being flat tired and eating for the wrong reasons.  To keep you informed, well me for when I read back on this blog, as I don’t have any followers usually, the appointment tomorrow is to learn the results of all the fertility testing my wife and I have been though, and to see if the polyp in my uterus needs to be removed.  Let’s hope we are both fertile and ready to start make babies soon, at the end of September. 

No comments:

Post a Comment