Wednesday 22 August 2012

#120 Timing (08/22/12)

Today my stomach is getting used to the medications for Crohn’s (hopefully).  That is a slight worry off my plate. 

In the weight loss category I’m still not working out as I should.  Life and sometimes lack of energy gets in the way.  I know, I know, the more active you are the more energy you have, but it is a vicious cycle to break.  Regarding food, I am starving today.  Not too sure why though.  It is only 11:00 and I’ve had my morning honey pretzels, and some melon, but I feel I could eat a full meal between now and lunch.  My possible theory on this is, my digestion is finally returning to normal cycles, so things are moving through, this then leaves my stomach empty sooner.  I think before I eat anything else, I’ll have a couple glasses of water. 

Tonight I’m trying to schedule workout time, but we are also going to a store that is closing out, in order to purchase stuff for Christmas Shoeboxes, (we like to put together between 10-20 boxes each year, so we purchase stuff as it is on sale, ie back to school sales for pencils, crayons etc, boxing week for Barbies and Hot Wheels, or when stores are closing out for whatever they may sell that goes into our very tightly packed shoeboxes) and might also try and finish picking the Nanking cherries before they start to go bad.  This will probably cut into our workout time. 

From yesterday I would like to note, I love my wife, and she makes me feel loved, she takes good care of me. 

Oh vegetables, how I have missed thee.  For the past week, we haven’t been having our veggie salad for lunch because we hadn’t been prepared and pre cut veggies.  We finally caught up on our other stuff enough to make time to cut veggies last night.  As I was eating my salad straight up (no dressing) my body was trying to say “This is glorious.”  Now I’m having my light desert of sorts which is cottage cheese and blueberries.  Also a missed item on my lunches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment