Friday 24 August 2012

#122 What have I lost? (08/24/12)

Today I caught a blog on MPF titled Perspective (You may or may not be able to see due to privacy.)  Here is a quote. 

Let's say you have a goal to lose 150 pounds.
It's been months and you've worked hard and have shed 60 pounds.
That's great!
Except, well, you realize that you still have another 90 pounds to go and that just seems incredibly daunting and it can get pretty depressing.
Do this:
Go to the grocery store and stop by the pet food aisle.
You know those 20-pound bags of dog food? Pick one up.
Then pick another one up.
Go ahead and try to pick one more up.
It's heavy and tiring, isn't it?
You used to carry that much extra weight around on your body EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Well, I haven’t lost that much weight, I’m only at the 14 pound mark.  Today when I logged onto MFP I hit my 160 days.  That is around the world twice.  For the past couple months my weight loss had stalled, and I know why.  When I started this journey (a few months before MFP) I was about 312 pounds.  If I wasn’t working on weight loss, I probably would have gained about a pound a month at least, as that was the relative trend I was on.  Thus, I would now weight about 320 pounds.  That is a scary number. 

Currently I weight about 298 pounds, and even from my start weight, I have lost 14 pounds.  To me, that means I have lost a Gizmo (My dog).  She weighs about the 14 pound mark. 


  
                                           The grey one                                                                        Her all Stretched out


She is squirmy, lumpy, and whiney.   Just like the weight I’ve lost.  My wobbly bits are a bit less lumpy, and my body is a little less whiney when I’m climbing stairs or walking etc.  Even though she is very lean, and I hope I have lost mostly fat units, it is still putting things into perspective. 

So the answer to what have I lost?  A Gizmo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment