Friday 3 August 2012

#75 Three months in (06/15/12)

Today is officially 90 days in.  What have I accomplished?  I’ve upped my daily steps quite a lot.  On weekdays, having a 3,800 step day was an average day.  I haven’t had that low in weeks.  In fact I haven’t had below 5,000 over two weeks.  I have lost the first 10 pounds, which in my head my mantra was, “The first 10 pounds and the last 10 pounds are the hardest.”  Let’s hope this holds true.  Based on evening Wii weigh in, I am hoping I have lost about another pound at least.  This weekend will show where I’m at I guess. 

One of the non measurable victories is, my wife and I are now on the same page and doing this together, and this has brought us back to a better groove.  We went through a rough patch at the beginning of this year, which was a lot due to her quitting smoking, and trying to lose weight at the same time, but luckily that tsunami has ebbed. 

Once again, I can feel the skinny me trying to get out.  Slowly her voice is getting louder so that is good.  Also with her voice getting louder, she is learning to tell Amy to shut up.  Amy is still here, but slowly getting defeated. 

I used to think, I don’t eat that bad, why am I this big.  I was WRONG.  Yes, I made a couple good choices here and there, but for the most part it was crap calories.  I’m now eating a lot better, not 100% denying myself everything, but calorie wise I’m coming under majority of the days, the bulk of my calories are from nutrient rich foods. 

Next theory that is running through my head is, now the food is under control, I need to start moving the body more.  Yes, overall I’m more active, and working on reaching higher average steps.  I think I need to get a bit more focused workouts, constant moving to get the calories burning.  I had debated trying to get up early and work out, but in reality, I know that isn’t going to happen.  I am not a morning person, and on average I’m getting 7 hours sleep, which is good enough, but if I am waking up with the roosters, an hour earlier, that would be cutting it to 6 hours, and I don’t do well long term with that amount of sleep.  Once this move is done, and the renos are finished and my mum is settle in the new house, our lives will be a bit more settled where I can contemplate this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment