Tuesday 7 August 2012

#81 10,000 Steps on a work day (06/22/12)

I made it, 10,200 Steps on a work day.  Even though I didn’t get a long walk in at lunch, I got a lot of Ninja steps in at work, so when I left I was all ready at 4,500.  Cooking, walking around the kitchen, and doing faux marching steps while at the stove got me to somewhere over 6,000.  Then I walked, and I ran (well jogged) I was on an interval setting on my treadmill.  Note to self, wear a better bra when attempting this.  So for two, one minute sections of the 27 minutes I jogged.  It was exhausting, but I did it.  At one point my wife comment, “Don’t have a heart attack.”  For the last minute before cool-down, which was uphill, I jogged again.  It was a little uphill, an incline of 2, but uphill just the same.  So of the 28 minute walk, I ran for 3 of them, truly pushing myself to do so, but I did.  In the cool down of five minutes, I was going to stop after two, but I kept going. 

During the walk, I had thought I would only be totalling just over 9,000 in the end.  But when I finished and looked I was at 10,012 steps.  The smile on my face was ear to ear. 

This is the first time I have reached 10,000 steps on a desk job work day.  The closest I’ve gotten is 8,500 steps.  So now, to reach my goal steps this week, to pass last week, I need to get 9,200 steps in today.  I think I can do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment