Tuesday 7 August 2012

#83 Weekends are an Achilles Heel (06/25/12)

The past few weekends, I’ve been averaging about a lot more steps.  This weekend was a bit more relaxing.  The downside, I was eating the way I have been, when active.  End result, went over my calories.  Reviewing recent weekend habits though, active yes, eating healthy, not so much.  Why so?  On week days we plan our meals, cut up veggies for the week, and know what we are doing.  Weekends, we have been flying by the seat of our pants trying to get errands done while trying to finish up getting my mother in law’s house ready for sale.  The house is now up for sale, we still aren’t sure what we are doing next weekend.  It is a long weekend technically, however my wife doesn’t get the day off.  New house possession should be sometime this week, therefore this weekend we should be cleaning it out.  I think the big lesson of this past weekend, is plan your weekend food too.  No planning leads to Poutine Fries.  Not a good thing. 

This past weekend I was in an emotional funk, and I couldn’t figure out why.  Overall I’m doing better, but still feeling a little blue.  It almost feels like I’m being a brat having a temper tantrum.  But I still can’t pull myself out of it.  Maybe it is just that I’m not getting enough activity, I’m down about 10,000 steps from the previous weekend.  I just went for my lunchtime walk, and feeling a bit better.  Downside was, I got into a coughing fit a little ways in, and didn’t have my inhaler, so I came back sooner than I would have.  So much for my asthma NSV.  

Lesson learned though, this coming weekend whether we are cleaning or on a mini vacation, we need to plan activity, and what we are going to eat.

Over the past 3 months, I’ve gotten my weekdays under control, now it’s time for the weekends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment