Tuesday 7 August 2012

#88 Mid Week Weigh in (07/04/12)

This morning I was curious on my weight.  The result was NOT good.  Up 4 pounds from my weekend weigh in, and my weekend weigh in was up .5 pounds from last week.  The past couple weeks, I haven’t been as diligent on portion sizes, and eating some crap food.  I have, mostly been under my calories, but fueling with trash, you get garbage.  Plus, I haven’t been drinking enough water.  This isn’t good.  Slowly the eating habits have been getting worse, and that is a slippery slope to be on.  This slope ends here and I need to get going again, up this slope to a skinnier me. 

This I guess leads to another excuse to add to my list.  Because I’ve lost my way on the diet road I want to review again. 
Ø  Major Excuse #1 -I have no time to exercise. It seems I’ve gone the other way and getting more active but using that as the excuse to eat more bad food. 
Ø  Major Excuse #2 -I lost track of time. In other words Procrastinating.  This ties into yesterday's excuse of NO time to exercise.  But I had full intentions of exercising, but ended up not because I got engrossed in non essential tasks. Relatively been better with this, but it still happens occasionally. 
Ø  Major Excuse #3 – Lack of Motivation Baby appointments sooner than later are helping with this, but lack of progress (due to bad habits creeping in again,) are hindering things.  Vicious cycle again. 
Ø  Major Excuse #4 – Food Weaknesses (I still haven’t opened my box of girl guide cookies.) I still haven’t opened them, but have bought Oreos instead.  Not a good replacement.  For a while the cookie monster was getting the best of me. Getting better, but bad habits are/were sneaking in again.
Ø  Major Excuse #5 - No time to cook healthy meals Getting better, but the eating out or take out fast food sneaks in here and there.
Ø  Major Excuse #6.  Giving in to peer pressure for food Other than walking away from some Tim Horton’s doughnuts in the lunch room recently, I haven’t had major peer pressure.  Or maybe I’m giving in without even thinking (but also logging).  Eating too many treats lately, so I guess I do need to get a handle on this one. 
Ø  Major Excuse #7 – I’ve been bad today once I haven’t really been totally off the handlebars all day in a long time.
Ø  New Major Excuse #8 I am being very active with life, so I don’t need to be as careful.  WRONG this is when I need to be even more careful.  Refuel yes, but refuel with whole foods, not crap, and I still need to measure.  We now have a kitchen scale; therefore I need to use it a LOT more. 
Today is a new day and I’m regaining focus hopefully.  Dinner is a pasta dinner, so I will weigh my pasta before putting it on my plate.  The sauce is a lean beef, marinara sauce, home made by my MIL.  The cheese on top needs to be weighed as well, that is a sneaky calorie food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment