Tuesday 7 August 2012

#92 Amy is awake and annoying (07/10/12)

Today seems to be a challenge on not eating.  I was doing pretty well, until lunch and I had Corn Pops.  They are a food I think I need to add to the danger list.  I practically inhaled them, they were good, and then I wanted more food, so I had my water melon. If I had more Corn Pops with me I would have continued to eat them.   The whole box would have been in peril if it was in my vicinity.  The watermelon wasn’t satisfying.  It being tea Tuesday, I held off from having anything else till the tea and cookie cart came by, where I poured a bit of tea, and grabbed two cookies.  The cookies didn’t last long at all.  Now I’m about to make some coffee, as the tea was flat and not very good today, and I want more food.  I haven’t walked today because of extreme heat outside and I don’t want sweat head while at work.  Having excess junk food is not in my calorie allowance today.  Let me rephrase.  Junk food shouldn’t be in my calorie allowance most days.  Occasional treats maybe. 

In case you haven’t read my full blog, for lunches my wife and I take a variety of things as options.  Usually we have one of the not so healthy things and then the better for us things.  This is a list of our lunch bag:  
Ø  Water Melon
Ø  Honeydew or Cantaloupe
Ø  Sweet cereal (IE the evil corn pops) Up until today it was usually a Sally’s Marshmallow Moment that I had once in a while.  But because I knew we had corn pops next up, I had my Sally’s yesterday to refill with Corn Pops today.  They had started their evil plan long before entering my lunch box.
Ø  Teddy Grams, not the best, but a good sweet craving curb item.
Ø  Prunes, for when the digestion is a little backed up.
Ø  Trail mix.  We don’t eat that very often.  High calories when we are running errands after work before dinner
Ø  Sour Dough or Honey Pretzels.  These are my favorites, and usually get eaten every day.
Ø  Veggies, cottage Cheese, and blueberries for our actual lunch
Ø  Activia yogurt

Keep in mind we don’t eat all of that every day.  Right now, I want to eat it all though.  We, not in the mood for trail mix though.  Left in my lunch bag is the Teddys, prunes, trail mix, yogurt.  My saving grace right now, my craving is for licorice, and I don’t have that.  More Corn Pops or licorice is what I crave and hopefully by the time I get home (where the Corn Pops box is) the craving will have subsided.  Amy, my inner demon, is being very vocal today, I guess, trying to derail any progress I’m making.

No comments:

Post a Comment