Thursday 4 October 2012

#142 Still Sick (10/04/12)

All in all, I’m getting better, but still not feeling like I should. One thing I have learned is I think I need to appreciate food a bit more.  We are eating healthier and stuff like that, but usually we are in a rush to be eating what we are, and get onto the to do list etc.  Sometimes being over full, sometimes not, but not usually just enjoying the meal for what it is, a beautifully tasting meal.  The past two days, I’ve been limited on what I eat, and how much.  Last night my MIL cooked a lovely simple meal consisting of Gluten Burgers, Boiled Potatoes, and Peas.  The amount I had would have been considered small for a child’s meal, but in the end I enjoyed the meal.  I appreciated that I was able to eat the meal, as far as solids I had been having oatmeal and toast to that point, and it tasted lovely. 

Today for lunch, I had with me my usual monster veggie salad, but my stomach wasn’t quite up to the work of digesting something that solid.  So, I’ve ended up having some plain yogurt to help the good bacteria develop in my stomach and strawberries dipped in it, then a side of prunes.  It was a lovely lunch, simple but pleasing, and filling.  I hope I can keep the momentum of slowly eating, and appreciating what food I do put in my mouth/body.   

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes we have to stop and smell the roses :) We get so caught up in other things that we forget the simplest pleasures.

    I'm glad you're starting to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It took a little longer past this blog post to get better in general, but finally feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete