Wednesday 10 October 2012

#144 Curious Side Effect (10/10/12)

This is the curious side effect of pre-natal vitamins.

I am asthmatic, and had phlegm issues on a regular basis.  It has been just a part of life.  Over the past couple months, the phlegm has almost gone.  Coughing spats were few and far between instead of a daily basis.  It has been a good few months.  My wife and I have been trying to figure out what might have made the difference.  Our house is a little cleaner, but it wasn’t that bad beforehand. 

While I have been ill the past couple weeks, I stopped most of my medications, including pre-natal vitamins.   During this period, I also noticed the phlegm come back.  I was trying to think why it was coming back all of a sudden, when it hit me; my pre-natal vitamins.  The improvement in my lungs started around the time I started the vitamins, I stopped them and my lungs got worse.  This could be a coincidence, but not too sure.  Now that I am feeling better, I have started the vitamins again.  I guess I will see if there is an improvement again.  If this is the case, post pregnancy, I may need to find out what the specifics are that make the difference. 

1 comment:

  1. How odd. I wonder if it is the prenatals. It'd be great if it were --such an easy solution to the asthma-related issues!

    ReplyDelete