Friday 12 October 2012

#145 General (10/12/12)

Today was an excellent day for a walk.  I have been slacking on that for the past couple weeks because of not feeling too well, then this past week the weather was nippy, so I didn’t feel I wanted to; all excuses I know.  Even today I wasn’t planning on going, but as I stood up to go to the lunch room for utensils, my body and brain decided to go for a walk first. 

On another upside, last week I had lost 6 pounds, mostly due to illness.  I had expected to gain it all back, which 5 pounds had come back the next day, but it didn’t bother me because of the circumstances.  Weigh-in’s are usually saved for weekend mornings, but due to the extreme fluxuations last week I have been weighing in periodically this week to see what is happening.  So far I’m back down another 2.5 pounds.  All in all, if I don’t gain back all of the weight lost last week, I see that as a good thing.  I guess we will see tomorrow how much my ticker goes backwards.  If I can stay at the 15 pounds lost (currently 17), that would be great.

On a side note though, this past week has been a fairly nice rejuvenating one.  The downside, it was because my wife had a terrible head cold.  To keep her from getting worse, and keeping on the mend, we have been relaxing and mostly watching TV when we get home from work.  Then we’ve been drinking the wives’ tale drink for colds; grated ginger, about a tablespoon or two, with hot water, lemon juice and a bit of honey.  As far as logging food on MFP, I haven’t logged that drink, but I think any calories in the honey, is expended by the burn from the quantity of ginger.  So far I have kept from getting ______.  I don’t want to say it to jinx it.  My wife’s cold is finally easing up a bit. 

This weekend we are heading camping with Deb’s dad and step mom.  We are going for one night only, provided her cold doesn’t take a stride for the worse.  At least we are camping in partial luxury; in an RV, so if the weather gets bad, we can bunker in warmth.  We are on the debate to take one of our dogs, Tuffy.  He is un-socialized, which is our fault for not exposing him to much of anything.  This might be good exposure for him, however he might be vibrating with all the new things he NEEDS to bark at and investigate.  We’ll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment