Tuesday 16 October 2012

#146 Dreams (10/16/12)

It’s funny how people can affect you long after they have left your lives.   Last night I had a dream about my ex husband, in case you haven’t read earlier posts, in short form he was a Paranoid Schizophrenic Alcoholic Drug Addict (mostly pot, but near the end was into coke and crack).  If you notice the past tense of that sentence, he is a was; died of a heart attack a few years ago.  The dream is rattling me more that it should.  It is just one of those dreams that seem to stick with me. 

I don’t remember many of my dreams, when I do; they are usually pretty weird, nothing bone rattling like this one is trying to be.  He is dead; I need to let it go.  My Ex Mother in Law is dead also, and I have NO contact with the Ex Father in Law, and the Ex Sister in Law is still in jail awaiting trial, and thus have no contact and never plan to.  I googled her today and found she finally has a trial date for late 2013.  (She deserves to be there, for a murder of her ex, and I hope she stays there for a lot more years.)  I am very happy to be rid of any contact with that family, slightly sad about EX MIL, but it is what it is.  So why is this dream sticking with such a bad feeling?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like those relationships could have been quite traumatic. I'm not surprised to hear that you're feeling unsettled on waking.

    I don't tend to remember my dreams either, but every once in a while I'll wake up crying from one and have a hard time settling back down. I think it's just one of those things.

    ReplyDelete