Wednesday 19 December 2012

#157 Coffee as a Crutch (12/14/12)


Before my surgery follow up appointment, I had been doing very well on cutting my coffee consumption.  Not quite to the acceptable levels for pregnancy, but definitely down from usual consumption.  At the appointment with my doctor we discussed coffee, and he said one cup (8 ounce) is ok, which is almost what I was striving for.  My wife has other ideas, but that is another battle we will talk about when the time comes.  I had relatively gotten down to one 16 ounce cup a day, my morning coffee, with a once a week exception of maybe two.  My relative average was two a day. 

It seems since the appointment, I can’t get enough coffee.  I jumped to two-three 16 ounce cups a day, and had I let myself, I may have had more.  Now that I have the tentative deadline of when I’m going to have to almost quit coffee (in my wife’s eyes I will be completely on decaf, or have a total aversion to it.) it seems I’m trying to get as much of a caffeine fix as I can.  I should probably get this under control.  Caffeine withdrawal headaches are not relaxing to aid in conception.  

No comments:

Post a Comment