Friday 21 December 2012

#159 OPK’s (12/21/12)


Yesterday I got my first positive OPK.  Woohoo.  For getting to know my cycle I purchased some of the cheap OPK’s from Amazon.  Last month was my first one trying, and I didn’t get a proper positive.  However I had been using them in the morning only, and that was recovery from surgery.  I was a little worried I would need to be going in to the fertility clinic for daily monitoring to catch my ovulation, instead of the simple home version.  Alas my worries were unfounded.  After talking with my doctor he said I should test in the afternoon.  That worked.  My OPK’s work, and so I’m confident the ones I am required to use by the clinic (expensive version that we will be picking up for next month) will work.  Today would have been my first insemination day, just in time for the Christmas closing, but my teeth are the delay, damn.  But it’s better to get things fixed now rather than when I’m pregnant if my tooth acts up, putting major stress on me, which would put the stress on the theoretical baby. 

One month to go for first try.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure the month will fly by! Maybe you guys will be one of the lucky couples who gets pregnant on your first try! You could have a baby before the end of the new year! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, that is what we are hoping. It's very exciting. I can't get my head past the possible fact we might be doing this more that once. But that is newbie optimism, and for now I think it's ok.

    ReplyDelete