Thursday 7 February 2013

#172 Ultrasounds (02/04/13)


Back in October I had an appointment with my gastrologist.  She had said to set up a follow up contrast ultrasound in February to make sure my medication, Pentasa, is working properly.  I didn’t hear anything.  Seeing it is now February, I called my gastrologist’s receptionist to follow up.  I thought I had gotten out of having to go again, for another few months, because it takes a while to get an appointment.  Yay for me right.  Not so much.  Either they squeezed me in because the requisition was sent in October, or they failed to notify me about the appointment.  So this Friday I have a contrast ultrasound for crohn’s. 

Next week, because of my fertility OPK issues, I also have two ultrasounds booked for Monday and Wednesday for follicle measurement and ovulation monitoring.

If it isn't one thing, it is another.  The TTC process is a hard one.  We've been at it for almost a year now, and not even one attempt, just getting things in a row.  Each road bump, you think, am I doing the right thing.  But each bump puts me that much closer, and I'm still wanting to go through the whole process.  Maybe the length of TTC is just to get you through some personal growth that is needed before kids.  But that's just my off handed thought.  

No comments:

Post a Comment