Friday 15 March 2013

#185 Excuse #11 (03/15/13)


Lately I’ve been noticing another excuse getting in the way.  I’ve been lax on the fact that I haven’t been losing weight.  I do panic a little when the scale goes up, but so far, most of those ups have been balanced with downs, just not losing weight further.  I’m losing motivation because I am trying to get pregnant and that is a main focus.  I have been (mostly) logging my food on MFP (My Fitness Pal) and somewhat coming within my calorie allotments.  

We have started to get a workout most days; 20-30 minutes, unless we have a long shop on our to-do list that day or errands, where we are fairly out and about and active for the day.  But it seems that because we are walking/cycling every day I seem to use that as an excuse not to push to break a sweat.  It seems to be a partial lackadaisical workout.  It is good that we are getting activity most days, and that is why we book it as 20-30 minutes on alternating days, so it isn’t that hard to book that much time, but we need not use that as an excuse to slack as a workout.  Don’t get me wrong we don’t just putz while on the stationary bike, or walk as slow as possible on the treadmill, I could just do more.  The excuse seems to be, me being on the fence about putting a lot of effort into losing weight because I’m hopefully about to get pregnant, which would mean putting it all back on. 

Excuse #11 – Life becoming the excuse.  For me that is planning pregnancy (at this point.) My counter to that is, I just have to remember any pound I lose now is one I won’t be carrying when I add extra weight for baby. 

This week has been a slippery slope of gradually getting worse about what I’ve been eating and how much.  I need to stop it now and regain focus that I am losing weight to get pregnant and be healthier while pregnant, and when I have a baby to carry and look after.  If I don’t nip this in the bud now, when I am pregnant, excuses will come flying out of my head as to why I can’t exercise, or why I am eating bad foods. 

Tomorrow’s weigh in isn’t going to be kind, I don’t think.  I just need to keep going and not let it bring me down and start emotionally eating.  

1 comment:

  1. Hugs* just remember that a healthy active mama is good for growing a baby :)

    ReplyDelete