Tuesday 9 April 2013

#188 CD14 Ultrasound #3 (04/09/13)


The chance of a double egg drop has vanished; only one egg on the go again this month. It is on the left side this time, with slower growth.  Normally I would have all ready had my IUI today; instead, I had another ultrasound.  It seems my vag had a viewing party today, there was the doctor and an intern taking turns with the wand, and the HCG nurse monitoring what was happening.  Normally there is just a tech only or the doctor and a nurse taking notes.  In the interest of teaching the next generation of fertility doctors, I didn’t object. 
 As it turns out, my egg still isn’t quite ready.  Today CD14, but the egg is still at 1.5 cm.  The doctor said to do the HCG shot tomorrow and the IUI on Friday.  Hopefully my egg is just a late bloomer and my follicle will be ready to let it go by Friday.  That will be CD17.  That is a fairly late ovulation, but in theory that is what would have happened in January with the OPK debacle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment