Thursday 23 May 2013

Eight Weeks 1 Day Today (05/23/13)


Picture update to start



This was last week’s photo; delinquent in posting. 



And for this week’s photo.  You can sort of see the tummy starting. 

How have I been feeling, exhausted and morning sickness is kicking up a notch.  Still no actual sickness (knock on wood), but the nausea is getting worse, ginger helping, mint herbal tea helping, and the good old standby saltine crackers, god’s gift to pregnant women.  The thought of some food smells just make my green.  Like this morning we were prepping a slow cooker meal and the thought of onion smell was turning me green, however actually cutting them up I did ok. 

As far as weight, I was up as of Friday, but then I did a mid week weigh in, unofficially, and was down again.  The ticker at the top is no correct however.  I have no longer lost 13 pounds, right now closer to 8.  I may remove it soon, as it is discouraging to know it isn’t true.  Plus as I gain more it will be worse. 

For the May long weekend we did a test run in our recently purchased (used) RV.  Before doing a real run we wanted to make sure we had everything and nothing was going to spring a leak.  We camped with Deb’s mom.  (She took one night at home to be able to make it to Church the next day.)  Overall it was a nice and relaxing weekend.  Good thing too, I had zero energy to get anything done. 



Last night we made one of the recipes from the year book.  It almost didn’t make the get made list, as I wasn’t feeling it with being more and more nauseous.  Alas I’m really glad we did make it.  I am going to share the recipe, as I highly recommend it.  This is how we did it, a few modifications from the original. 

Pea Pesto Pasta
Aprox 3-4 servings of pasta - We used six handfuls of we used rotini.  Cook to preferred texture. 
2 cups of frozen peas, thawed, put through mini ninja to chop up/smoosh slightly.  We decided they should be cooked 1-2 minutes in the microwave.
Boil a can of rinsed Fava beans for 3-4 minutes (We added the rinsed beans directly and decided it would be better warm.)
With the peas in the food processor, add about ¼ cup of olive oil, a couple spoonfuls of chopped garlic and mix again.
Add the pea mixture to the cooked/drained pasta and stir.
In the food processor add a little over ½ cup of blanched almonds and cut them up (This adds a nice crunch to the meal).  Add to the pasta pea mixture.
Add the cooked fava beans to the mix
Add ¾ cup of parmesan to the mix.

Stir together and serve.  This is a quick meal that is pretty good on protein by itself and pretty good.  We did serve with chicken breast strips though.  For a little extra flavour as people desire we had a little Sweet Chili sauce on the side which went well.   This makes about 6 meals at about 488 calories each.  (Not including the sauce or chicken)

It looks like I have an ADD post today, sorry for the multi topic with no consistency.  Pregnancy brain kicking in I guess.  

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I have been waiting for the update :) Great pics! :) Not that I have ever been pregnant :) but I was told that the anti-nausea wrist bands work well too :) hmmm I seem to be very smiley today...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell the baby is growing. It's slight in the pic, but it's there!! :) Rhonda liked the Preggie Pops for nausea. Thankfully for her, she never actually threw up. Just a queasy tummy. Hoping that's the most you get too. She had zero cravings as well, so all in all, her pregnancy was a breeze. She said she'd wish it on anyone. :) Yay for 8 weeks!! Every day is a huge milestone. Cherish every single moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwe! you look great girl! I know ginger and peppermint tea helped me out a lot! Happy 8 weeks!

    ReplyDelete