Thursday 25 July 2013

Liebster Award (07/25/13)

My nomination came from The Gayby Project: Making the next Generation of Fabulous.  Thanks for the props.  

This is a way for small bloggers to give recognition to other small bloggers (200 followers or less). Here’s how it works:
Copy & Paste This Whole Post and Replace All Your Information — who awarded you, for example.
The rules:
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.  I don’t know if I have 11 blogs to add, but we’ll see how we do. 
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag backs meaning you can’t just re nominate the person who nominated you.
As Solo the First put it “The real purpose behind these nominations are not only as an accolade from a fellow blogger and let’s face it, nothing gently strokes our little writer hearts more than someone telling you they appreciate your work.  In addition to the back patting we need to receive from time to time, it also allows us to get a little more personal as we get to know our increasing blogging community. It also helps drive traffic to your site as we reference one another.”

The questions put forth to me (with my answers) are as follows:
Here are my 11 questions:
1)  What’s the most beautiful thing you’ve ever created?  The baby growing inside me.
2) If a movie was made of your life, who would play you? Melissa McCarthy
3) Most memorable dream ever?  Recently my most memorable dream was being buried in sand.  Not nice, that night was a lot of not nice dreams. 
4) Creamy peanut butter or smooth. And WHY? I don’t see much difference between creamy or smooth peanut butter but I do have a preference when it comes to crunch or smooth.  It depends on what I am having it on.  I’ll have smooth if I’m having it on toast or bread as the crumbles apart slightly with the crunchy peanuts.  If I’m having it with Carrots or celery then I prefer crunchy, but we usually don’t have that on hand, so I settle for smooth.  Crunchy also gives the lovely peanuts when added to baking cookies. 
5) The literary character you’d most like to hang out with?  At this point Sherlock Holmes is the only name that is coming to mind. 
6) Words of wisdom for the next generation?  Enjoy your youth for what it has not what it doesn’t. 
7) What song is currently soundtracking your life?  To Fell This Feel – Netty Mac with Tammy Christiansen.   My wife and I first heard this song during our first month or so of dating/living together.  We felt it was our song right away.   This was our first dance at our wedding too.   
8) What quality about your parents do you have but wish you didn’t? Being a bit too naive about people and situations. 
9) What do you want to be when you grow up?  Retired.  Until that point, adulthood is optional.  I’ll need to re learn how to use my imagination again once the bean arrives and second bean gets here. 
10) How do you take your coffee?  Right now I don’t.  Pregnancy hasn’t let me enjoy coffee.  But when I did I had some cream and sugar. 
11) If you could live in any time period (excepting the present), where and when would you live?  Possibly in ancient Rome, when sexuality wasn’t limited to hetro views. 

Here are my nominations (In no particular order!) I also have no idea how many followers these people currently have, but I love reading them! Also I might be re-nominating you so just take it as the compliment it is, ok?  Also if you are not wanting to continue the tradition, I understand, as I was in a bit of a debate myself, but I do believe the following blogs are worth the read, so I'm giving a little advertising (to what audience I have).  



Here are my 11 questions:
1)  If you could travel the world, go to a favorite destination over and over or stay close to home, which would you choose?
2)  Do you believe people can change?
3)  What was is your favourite restaurant?
4)  What question do you like to ask people?
5)  What was the last concert/performance you went to?
6)  (This is a good one that was passed to me, so I will pass to you.) Words of wisdom for the next generation?
7)  What was the last book you read?
8)  Name one thing on your bucket list.
9)  If money was no object, what frivolous item would you buy?
10) What was the last movie you saw in Theater? 
11) Antique or Modern?


1 comment: