Thursday 8 August 2013

It’s A Boy (08/08/13)

Today we had our gender ultrasound.  It’s more than likely a BOY.  I will wait to reveal the name until a later date.  It’s a good thing too, we were having all kinds of trouble picking out a girls’ name.

He was very active, had a good heart rate, very crunched up mostly, but we had a couple views that showed he is a boy.  He has 10 fingers and 10 toes.  His legs measure about 7 cm, and his feet about 1cm.  He loves to open and close his hands; it was very cute to see. 

Tomorrow we see the OB for the first time.  I’m looking forward to it.  I hope she is nice, that would be dreadful if she was harping about this or that or saying I should be losing weight, or not taking my allergy/asthma meds.  Nervous, but glad to be seeing her none the less.  Dr B is still using a manual BP machine with a cuff that is marginally too small, so if nothing else, hopefully she has a better BP for readings and maybe I can be taken off that med, for one less thing to be taking, and hopefully my nipples stop burning. 









Flexible little guy.  He weights about 250g (1/2 a pound)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!!!!! That's very exciting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! What an adorable baby boy! I'm so excited for you! My baby boy will be 2 months old tomorrow... The time has gone by so fast. Enjoy your pregnancy, your son will be here in no time! Have you started to feel movement yet? I started to feel little pokes right around 19 weeks, but it was so faint at first. I don't think I could feel it from the outside until around 24 weeks though...hope your OB appointment goes well. We've got some great OBs in this city...-Calgary nurse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! SO EXCITING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwe!! AWESOME! Happy to hear he is healthy! :)

    ReplyDelete