Thursday 8 August 2013

Updates 18 Weeks 6 Days (08/08/13)

It’s been a while since I’ve posted.  Sorry for the long absence.  My blood pressure was officially listed with Dr B as high and put me on meds for it.  So far I show no protein in my urine as a sign of Preeclampsia (or whatever the latest name for the condition is).  My thyroid levels are good so that shouldn’t be the issue.  At this point, I just have high blood pressure. 

The meds Dr B put me on for BP have given me an unfortunate side effect (or coincidence), my nipples randomly feel like they are burning.  They are rock hard, turn darker purple and feel like they are being poked with a red hot rod.  It can be one or the other or both a few times a day and lasts between 5-10 minutes.  I’ve been using a lanolin cream which helps a bit, but not totally getting rid of it.  Dr B didn’t seem concerned, as long as my BP is coming down, was at 135/100.  For one appointment it was at a great 120/90, next appointment though back up to 145/100. 

My nausea is minor here and there, but still there.  The prenatal vitamins aren’t helping and causing constipation.  I have made an agreement with Deb, I will take them Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday, Saturdays are debateable.  Right now my iron levels are good, so I’m not too worried.  I’ve taken to drinking two glasses of milk to help with calcium and vitamin D and what not, on top of the various veggies we have to help keep a balanced diet, and we try and keep the salt to a minimum, but that has never been a big additive in our lives.  I have noticed mood swings and easily getting annoyed with things.  I try and keep it under control, to not perpetuate my high blood pressure, but it is hard to do, feeling constantly on PMS. 

The last of my pregnancy complaints is; my ankles are swelling by the end of the day.  Not a pretty sight. Plus I'm fairly tired again.  

Here are the two more recent weekly photos




I seem to be more bloated at week 17 than 18.  

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you again. Glad to hear things are going pretty well. I would suggest going with a cheap prenatal, as the expensive ones made me feel sick but the cheapo ones didn't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allison, we tried some expensive ones, and I could only take them for about 2 days, they stopped my digestion dead and made me feel ill. I'm now on the Centrum version Maturna, per my gastrologist's recommendation. We see the OB for the first time tomorrow, I will see if she suggests anything. But maybe I'll try the knock off brand next and see how they do.

    ReplyDelete